Makes two round loaves or one 1lb loaf
You will need:
30g Vegetable oil
350g Buttermilk (approx) * Or Dairy Free alternative
One baking tray
Extra flour for shaping
How to make:
- Empty contents of the packet into a large bowl. Add vegetable oil and buttermilk. Mix until well combined. The mix should be sticky but not runny.
- Sprinkle some gluten free flour onto a clean work surface. Scrape the mix onto the work surface dividing it into two.
- Sprinkle some flour on top of the divided mix and shape each half into a ball tucking the edges underneath as you shape them.
- Place onto a baking tray, using the end of your spoon make an X shape on top of the bread dough.
- Bake in the middle of a preheated oven at 170 degrees celsius for 45 minutes.
- To bake in a loaf tin follow steps 1 & 2. Scrape mix into a floured 1lb loaf tin, bake at 160 degrees celsius for 1 hour 10 mins or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
Flour blend ((Rice, Tapioca, Potato, Buckwheat, Carob); Sugar Beet Fibre, Raising Agents: Mono-Calcium Phosphate; Sodium Bicarbonate, Thickener: Xanthan gum), Sugar, Salt, Bicarbonate of Soda, Xanthan gum, Baking Powder (Raising Agents: Potassium and Sodium Di-phosphates; Sodium Carbonates, Maize Starch). Allergens in Bold. May contain nuts.
|Nutrition Typical Values||Per 100g|
|Of which saturates||0.2|
|Of which sugars (g)||9.4|