Afternoon Tea’s are a long standing tradition and are a lovely way of meeting with friends and family for special occasions.
Here’s how you can make your own delicious gluten free mini afternoon tea scones using our Scone mix.
You will need;
1 pack of The Gluten Free Patisserie Scone mix
30g vegetable oil
280g buttermilk or your favourite dairy free milk
2 tbsp of dried cranberries
2 tbsp of frozen mixed berries
2 tbsp of diced apple & 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Extra gluten free flour for rolling
1. Follow the instructions on the pack, add the veg oil and milk to form a sticky dough. Divide into thirds.
2. Take the first third, add the dried cranberries to the dough.
3. Take the second third, add the frozen berries.
4. Take the remaining dough and add the apple and cinnamon.
5. Sprinkle some gluten free flour e.g cornflour, onto a clean worksurface. Take each dough and press flat about 1 inch thick. Take a small circle cutter about 5cm wide. Cut out the mini scones, you should get roughly 6 of each. 18 in total.
6. Place the scones onto a large baking tray, bake in the oven at 170 degrees Celcius for 12-15 minutes.
Leave to cool, dust with icing sugar and serve with jam and cream, delicious!