Have you ever tried the popular Irish Treacle Soda bread? Here’s how you can make your own gluten free version using our Brown Soda Bread mix.
You will need;
1 pack of The Gluten Free Patisserie Brown Soda Bread mix
350g buttermilk or your favourite dairy free milk
2 generous tbsp of treacle
30g of dried fruit ( your preference)
Extra gluten free flour for dusting
1. Pour the milk and treacle into a saucepan, warm over a low heat just until the treacle dissolves, don’t let it boil!
2. Pour the pack contents into a large bowl, add the dried fruit and pour over the warm milk/treacle liquid.
3. Mix well until you have a sticky dough.
4. Lightly flour a 1lb loaf tin. Scrape the mixture into the tin and smooth the top with a spatula or palette knife. Sprinkle a light dusting of gluten free flour over the top.
5. Bake at 160 degrees Celcius for 1 hour.
Leave to cool and serve with butter and jam, delicious!